Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Ordinary World

 
Image result for the wedding album duran duran cover image
1993
 
I discovered Duran Duran when "Ordinary World" was accidentally leaked to radio stations.  The song was a hit and forced the band to finish The Wedding Album as soon as possible. 
 
I loved the song so much that my mom bought a copy of the album when it was on cassette tape.  Of course, I now have the CD...and iTunes.
 
I have long said that I prefer "Ordinary World" recorded.  My main reason is at the end of the song with the final instrumental notes accenting Simon's final vocals.  There is a sense that Simon does not want the song to come to an end, but the instrumental says otherwise.  I want to say that the instrumental is Nick's keyboards.

And so if I had never heard "Ordinary World," would I be a Duran Duran fan?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment