Saturday, April 27, 2019

British Music Icons Ahead of My Time - The Who

The who its hard album.jpg


The Who classics that one generation before me grew up with are songs I have to research.  I am only aware of a select few on my own through shared interest with my mother and through current pop culture.

For example -

"Who Are You" (1978)
- Theme to the television series, "CSI"
- No. 31 on The Who's 50 Greatest Songs (Rolling Stone)

"My Generation" (1965)
- Rick Harrison, owner of a Las Vegas pawn shop featured in the reality History Channel television series, "Pawn Stars," is a huge fan of The Who ... Rick Harrison's passion for The Who is the only way I recognize the names of The Who members
- No. 3 on The Who's 50 Greatest Songs (Rolling Stone)

As for "Eminence Front" -
- Released in 1982
- No. 10 on The Who's 50 Greatest Songs (Rolling Stone)
- No. 68 on Billboard Hot 100
- One of my mom's favorite songs...So it is one of my favorite songs (especially being from the 1980's)

The Who are a British icon in the music industry, whether dating to the 1960's and capturing the attention of fans long before me or capturing my attention long after the band's established success.




No comments:

Post a Comment