Saturday, April 27, 2019

British Music Icons Ahead of My Time - The Rolling Stones

SteelWheels89.jpg


Question - Who would you consider the ultimate British invasion band to be?  The Beatles are an obvious yes, but The Rolling Stones date to the 1960's as well.

If you thought The Who's 50 Greatest Songs selections were intriguing, you will be quite impressed by the Rolling Stone list - 100 Greatest Rolling Stones Songs.  The majority of the list falls within the 1960's and 1970's.  A few are from the 1980's.

I know of songs well before me out of clear popularity, such as -

"I Can't Get No Satisfaction"
"You Can't Always Get What You Want"
"Start Me Up"

And then there is "Rock and a Hard Place" -
- Released in 1989
- No. 23 on Billboard Hot 100
- No. 63 on UK Singles

(Source - Wikipedia)

The Rolling Stones are a staple in the music industry - as a British band and as a global icon.  The better part of their career is well before my time, but The Rolling Stones never age and continue to capture the attention of my generation and those after me.  

Due honor to Mick Jagger

No comments:

Post a Comment