Music, Fashion, Culture - Set List

I knew Set List would be my career with the first post I published in 2010 & my love for Set List will remain always. If possible, please donate to, well, my career through PayPal (link on side). Comment. Converse. Without you, I would not be.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Duran Duran 2008 Concert Anniversary

On May 14, 2008, I went to my first concert - Duran Duran.  The tickets were a college graduation gift from my mom.  We sat 15 rows back from the right side of the stage.  I could clearly see every member of the band - especially Nick.  

The concert experience was indescribable.  The volume.  The vivid stage aesthetics.  The audience energy.  The band's energy.  A seamless blend of electric energy.

In 2008, Duran Duran was on tour for Red Carpet Massacre, so of course they performed a few songs from the album.  Most of the songs were classics.

I no longer recall the full set list from that night, but I do remember a select few. 

And so in this post, I will share a "mini set list" of songs that stand out so many years later.

"Red Carpet Massacre"
This song opened the concert.



"Save a Prayer"
This song fell somewhere in the middle of the concert.  


"Last Chance on the Stairway"
This song was played after the intermission...So here's the thing about "Last Chance on the Stairway" - I did not know the words.  An embarrassing admission I know.  However, the performance was too cool.  Simon, Nick, John, and Roger were standing before what looked to be compact keyboards.  Simon once said that he hated taking piano lessons and Roger is a drummer, so I could not help but laugh to myself when I saw them.


And there you have it - my May 14, 2008 Duran Duran concert mini set list.  Although I may not remember the full song list, I will always remember the concert experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment