Music, Fashion, Culture - Set List

Thursday, August 22, 2024

Musical Memories - "The Sunday After" Bill Evans

William "Bill" Evans
b. February 8, 1958

American saxophonist (tenor & soprano)
(There is a prior Bill Evans who played jazz piano.  He was born on August 16, 1929 and passed away on September 15, 1980.)

Bill Evans once performed with the Miles Davis group in the 1980s and has since worked with his own bands.  

17+ solo albums
Genres included - bluegrass, jazz, funk

2 Grammy Award nominations 


Musical Memories

When I listen to "The Sunday After," I feel a sense of loss into musical romance and reminiscence of days I will always miss.  

When I listen to "The Sunday After," I consider "Save A Prayer" by Duran Duran  and the lyric "...'til the morning after..."

Although neither is the same in terms of genre and musical style, the message if on a literal level is similar.  Wait until after.  Only the best after.  Love after.  Yet after.  What is after?

I will let you decide.



No comments:

Post a Comment